Intro to Marma
Intro to Marma
Marma Point Therapy (Intro)
Marmas are like small “windows” on the skin’s surface and subcutaneous layers, acting as mystical junction points between body, mind, and spirit. Activating marma points allows light and prana into the body, transforming the biochemistry of the physiology. Stimulation of these inner cathartic doorways signals the brain to produce exactly what the body needs, including hormones and beneficial neurochemicals. Marma Therapy is both a diagnostic tool and a simple therapeutic measure to balance the physiology, mind and emotional body, promoting liveliness and well-being. Karyn will integrate Marma Therapy into Chinese medicine’s acupressure points. Learn the forbidden pregnancy points. Through lecture and practice, Karyn Chabot D.Ay, MS, LMT will teach the theory and methodology of affecting marma points through the use of oils, touch, gemstones, and color to restore, heal and renew the sweetness of life. Expect to learn the 7 major marmas on the head as well as 15 major marmas on the body.
- Learn the history of marma therapy
- Become familiar with the precautionary guidelines
- Discover your own marma points
- Understand how marma’s are doorways and junctions
- Learn how to recognize the points on your clients
- Demonstrate how to relieve pain by using marma
- Describe the marma bands that exist around each joint
- Learn the how the marmas are connected to organs
- Facilitate more flow of prana in your client and yourself
- Define the size of each marma and how to palpate them
- Learn how to give a marma massage with clients clothed
- Required Home Practicum: One client testimonial submitted after class to total the 1 CE hour needed.
- Food & Dining: Bring your own, or join us at one of the nearby restaurants.
- Master Instructor: Karyn Marie Chabot M.Ay, RYT, LMT (Karyn’s Bio) Or Kimberly Giunta, AHC, LMT, RYT
PLEASE NOTE: The instructor of this class is subject to change. All Sacred Stone instructors are certified, qualified, experienced, skilled, gifted, and approved by Karyn.
7 CEs from the NCBTMB & Ayurveda PACE. Click on this link to find the rules in your state. Approved by most states, including New York.
What To Bring?
- Pen or pencil + paper
- our printed out Marma Manual (which will be emailed to you upon purchase of the course)