Intro to Shiatsu
Intro to Shiatsu
This is a 2-Day seminar that meets from 12pm-6pm, both days - $308
The word "Shiatsu" means "finger pressure", and shiatsu can be described as a finger pressure massage.
Like acupuncture, shiatsu is based on the holistic system of traditional Chinese medicine, where illness is believed to result from imbalances in the natural flow of energy through the body.
Shiatsu therapists use finger and palm pressure to energetic pathways, called meridians to improve the flow of energy. A scientific explanation is that shiatsu calms an overactive sympathetic nervous system, which improves circulation, relieves stiff muscles, and alleviates stress. Students will learn basic concepts and heart-centered techniques done on a massage table that will enhance your sensitivity and increase assessment skills to meet individual client needs. Eastern methodology can be powerfully integrated into any massage practice to enhance your sessions.
1) Eastern Concepts: Eastern philosophy is holistic in nature. All parts are connected to the whole. Treatment strategies aim to bring balance to the energetic system. Methodology addresses the treatment of the body, balancing of the emotional and mental state, energy field, and spirit for the promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health. (Powerpoint, discussion, demo, hands on practice.)
- Presentation of concepts (Yin/Yang, meridians, acupoints, 5 elements, 3 treasures, pathogenic factors etc…..
- Qigong meridian flow
- Massage as a Meditation in Motion, Developing Conscious awareness
- Understanding the Energetic System (Chakras & Meridians)
- Kinesiology to determine clients processing type and best treatment approach.
- Working from your heart and not just touching with your hands.
- Feng Shui: Balancing environment
- Setting the Tone: Learn to energetically meet individual client needs
2) Hands on Skills: Tools and techniques (Demonstration and hands on practicum)
- Treatment protocol, Breath focus (Practitioner and client)
- Using meditation to begin and end a session,
- Creating individualized routines to suit specific needs
- When to use relaxing vs. invigorating techniques
- Working in 3 dimensions
- Class Credits: 12 CE's
- Location: 855 Waterman Avenue, Unit B, East Providence, RI 02914
- Food & Dining: Bring your own, or join us at one of the nearby restaurants
- Tuition excludes lodging and transportation. Please do not make airplane or other non-refundable travel reservations until you have spoken over the phone or email to the seminar instructor within 1 month of the seminar to confirm your registration. SAMA is not responsible for refunding travel or lodging costs should a seminar cancel.
PLEASE NOTE: The instructor of this class is subject to change. All Sacred Stone instructors are certified, qualified, experienced, skilled, gifted, and approved by Karyn.
Please note: SAMA is not responsible for traveling expenses should the class be canceled due to inclement weather or if the instructor is sick. We don’t have a list of substitute teachers locally, so if a teacher is sick, class will be rescheduled. Students must make travel plans with this in mind when planning to attend SAMA classes from out town.