Ayurvedic Lotions & Potions
Ayurvedic Lotions & Potions
Analysis, Remedial Measures & Transdermal Therapeutic Applications
The conditions of the skin are a reflection of what is going on systemically within the body. As massage therapists or estheticians, we should be aware of what the skin is showing as well as how to determine underlying Ayuvedic imbalances by observing the nails, face, hands, feet and hair. We should never apply anything to the skin that we can't ingest because the skin is the largest organ of elimination in the body. This class will teach you the value of applying oil to the skin, as well as how to determine which types of oils would be most medicinal and beneficial for your client's constitution. You learn how the outer anatomy is a mirror of our inner anatomy, as well as which lotions, potions and oils to apply to which clients to help balance our inner anatomy. Students will learn how to "cook" Ayurvedic powdered herbs into oils, as well as determine the doshic properties of carrier oils and essential oils. The foundational aspects of Ayurveda as it applies to "dermatology" and remedial measures will be explored, as well as hands-on practice for how to make your own massage oils, healing balms and anointing substances for marma therapy.
- Provide a deeper understanding of Ayurveda as it relates to topical substances.
- Learn the doshic qualities of oils
- Determine the attributes of oils corresponding to the doshas
- Anointing substances & carrier oils
- How to make authentic herbal Ayurvedic massage oils
- Explore the ethics behind topical substances
- Remedies for skin conditions
- What are your client’s faces, lips, hands, feet, skin & nails telling you?
- Fundamentals of Ayurvedic custom mixing of ingredients
- Learn topical Ayurvedic oils for pain management
- The 3 primadonna essentials oils: Rose, Jasmine, Neroli
- Go home with your own product creations!
Ayurveda identifies what is wholesome and what is unwholesome. It explains the nature of happiness and the nature of misery, as well as what is conducive to wellness and happiness and what is detrimental to it. It also seeks to understand and extend the span of a healthy life, and it can be applied to anything that is measurable. -Charaka Samhita
Tuition excludes lodging and transportation. Please do not make airplane or other non-refundable travel reservations until you have spoken over the phone or email to the seminar instructor within 1 month of the seminar to confirm your registration. SAMA is not responsible for refunding travel costs should a seminar cancel.
- Class Credits: 6 CEs Approved by the NCBTMB (Provider #155301-00) AND NY STATE APPROVED
- Location: 855 Waterman Avenue, Unit B, East Providence, RI 02914
- Food & Dining: Bring your own, or join us at one of the nearby restaurants
- Master Instructor: Karyn Marie Chabot D.Ay, MS, LMT
PLEASE NOTE: The instructor of this class is subject to change. All Sacred Stone instructors are certified, qualified, experienced, skilled, gifted, and approved by Karyn.
What To Bring?
- Pen or pencil + paper
- Your printed out Marma Manual