Reasons to Enroll
- Private Financing
- Most Affordable Tuition Around (Now offering Trimester pricing options! Three convenient Modules. Attend school for 3-4 months (1 Module/Trimester) per year or spread it out over 5 years!)
- Fastest Growing Profession
- Job Placement Assistance
- Small Classes
- Professional Massage Clinic
- Hands-On Curriculum
- Specialize as an Registered Ayurvedic Health Counselor at the same time! We are the only school on the east coast offering this with a massage license!
- Owner has been a Licensed Massage Therapist for over 20 years and deeply cares about the industry.
- Department of Labor predicted Massage Therapy profession will increase over 20% by 2020!
- Our Graduates Are Eligible for State Licensure & National Certification!
Our School Prepares Students for the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) Licensure Exam. Board Certification with the Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (CBTMB) is Optional!
Differences between the two national exams offered by the CBTMB (formerly NCBTMB)?
- The Licensure Exam (MBLEX) is the mandatory, entry level credential that massage therapists must achieve to practice legally within their state.
- The Board Certification Exam is a higher voluntary credential. Credentials matter to the medical profession and NCBTMB is mirroring other medical professions so massage therapy can grow as other professions have. Massage therapy has pretty much remained stagnant for the past 20 years and we want that to change. Achieving higher credentials will raise the industry standards, and create a more respected and more lucrative career pathway for future therapists.
"Simply stated, Board Certification is the highest voluntary credential attainable to massage therapists and bodyworkers in the profession today. Board Certification demonstrates a much higher level of achievement beyond entry level licensure—including completing more education, hands-on experience, and a background check—that will be a differentiator for you as you advance through your career, especially in a time where health care and other pivotal third-party professions require Board Certification in order to fill stable and rewarding positions.
We created Board Certification for massage therapists because we believe in something more. It is more than just another credential—it’s a commitment to raising the standards of our esteemed profession that have remained stagnant for over twenty years. Our goal is, was, and always will be to continue elevating the standards and practice of our esteemed profession and, ultimately, to positively impact society. Board Certification is the means to achieve that—especially for those interested in pursuing a career in health care and other growing third-party professions that already recognize and require Board Certification.
At our core, NCBTMB originally created certification to support therapists in achieving excellence beyond entry level licensure. Through the years, though, we realized that many therapists were practicing under stringent standards similar to other health care providers—and those therapists deserved to be recognized for their achievements and commitments. We believe the best way to establish greater credibility and visibility for such committed therapists is to raise standards. Like thousands of other Board Certificants, if you’re looking to advance your career and be recognized beyond entry level, then Board Certification is for you."
To become Board Certified, you must meet the following requirements:
- Pass the Board Certification exam
- Complete 750 hours of education**
- Complete 250 hours of professional hands-on experience
- Pass a thorough national background check
- Maintain a current CPR certification
- Signed commitment to the NCBTMB’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Signed commitment to opposing Human Trafficking
For information on the Rhode Island state regulations please click here.